BASIC RIDER COURSE
BASIC RIDER COURSE
Our most popular course is designed for beginning riders and riders returning to the sport. Cascade Motorcycle Safety offers courses at locations in the Bellingham and Anacortes area. This class takes a total of 18 hours and includes both online classroom (3hrs), in person classroom (5hrs), and riding time (10hrs).
A three hour MSF eCourse is included, and completion is required in order to receive a course completion card.
Use of a training motorcycle is included in the course.
Permit level testing is included with the Basic Rider Course.
Endorsement level testing is NOT included with the Basic Rider Course.
*While highly recommended, classes are not required for riders 18 and older before taking permit and endorsement tests.
*Students under the age of 18 must have a guardian sign our waivers at the beginning of the first class or have them notarized in advance.
*A student may be dismissed from the course for a variety of reasons. Please review our polices and dismissal warnings before registering for a course.
For a more detailed description of the Basic Rider Course
WEEKEND CLASS SCHEDULE
BRC Course is 18 hours
|Fri 6:00 – 9:00 PM||Classroom Session 1|
|Sat 7:30 AM -12:30 PM||Range Session 1|
|Sat 2:00 – 5:00 PM||Classroom Session 2|
|Sun 7:30 AM – 12:30 PM||Range Session 2|
WEEKDAY CLASS SCHEDULE
BRC Course is 18 hours
|Tue 8:00 – 11:00 AM||Classroom Session 1|
|Tue 12:00 – 5:00 PM||Range Session 1|
|Wed 8 – 11:00 AM||Classroom Session 2|
|Wed 12:00 – 5:00 PM||Range Session 2|
Register for a Basic Rider Course at the Anacortes Location
|Basic Rider Course Anacortes February 10th-12th, 2023||Skagit||
|Basic Rider Course Anacortes February 17th-19th, 2023||Skagit||
|Basic Rider Course Anacortes Weekday February 21st-22nd, 2023||Skagit||
|Basic Rider Course Anacortes February 24th-26th, 2023||Skagit||
RANGE AND CLASSROOM LOCATION:
8612 South Marchs Point Rd., Anacortes, WA 98221
Register for a Basic Rider Course at the Bellingham Location
Courses at this location will close at the end of October and return in March
|Basic Rider Course Bellingham March 3rd-5th, 2023||Bellingham - Classroom||
|Basic Rider Course Bellingham March 10-12, 2023||Bellingham - Classroom||
|Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
|1 Bellis Fair Pkwy, Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
Cascade Anacortes Class
|8624 S March Point Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
Cascade Anacortes Range
|12599 Thompson Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
To support the safety of all Students WMSP has established requirements for Student dress, all of which must be worn any time a Student is on a motorcycle. Students who fail to meet the following minimum protective gear requirements must not be allowed to participate in on-cycle training:
- Sturdy pants or riding gear that fully cover the legs. (Denim jeans are acceptable.)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket that fully covers the arms.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear offering adequate ankle protection. (i.e. canvas high-tops, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering are not acceptable).
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather-palmed, offering adequate protection.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles, safety glasses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses) must be worn at any time while upon a moving motorcycle.
- Properly fitted US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant helmet that is free of any structural damage.
- Our loaner helmets are not available at this time.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. To help ensure a successful and enjoyable learning experience, some riders may consider taking a private lesson before a Basic Rider Course or BRC2.
We do not offer a refund, or the option to reschedule if a student is dismissed for any of the following reasons.
Students may be dismissed from the course if they:
- Do not arrive to the course at the scheduled time.
- Arrive to a riding session with inappropriate riding apparel.
- Demonstrate they are unable to safely control and operate a motorcycle/rig.
- Do not meet exercise objectives.
- Repeatedly do not respond to coaching.
- Intentionally commit unsafe acts.
- Are demonstrating impairment by drugs/alcohol.
- Are excessively fatigued and may present a safety risk.
- Are physically/emotionally impaired.
- Intimidate, sexually harass, or threaten Students or Instructors.
- Washington Motorcycle Safety Program will not engage, mediate, or suggest customer service solutions to customers. Contractors are solely responsible for managing their business. Customer service policies and options are all locally (Contractor) managed decisions.
Class Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Policies
Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to combine classes to meet our minimum number of students per class. Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to cancel or postpone a class without advance notice due to circumstances beyond our control. Reschedule requests must be made NO LESS than 7 days prior to the original class start date/hour.
If you wish to reschedule your class, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to contact us more than 7 days in advance of your scheduled class will forfeit your tuition, and no refund will be issued. Tuition refunds are subject to a $29 handling fee. Refunds can only be issued for the originally purchased class date. In the case of a class cancellation, you will be rescheduled into the next available class, or you can apply any payments to another product or service we offer. No refunds will be made for cancelled classes. In the case of a postponed class after it has begun, the remaining class segments will be rescheduled to a later date. Extraordinary circumstances or government order may result in immediate changes to our policies. In such cases we will make individual determinations at our discretion.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. Motorcycling is an outdoor activity and you are responsible to ensure that you have appropriate riding gear to ensure your comfort and safety.
No refunds or rescheduling will be given to students who are unable to complete class due to not being prepared for the weather.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety policies are subject to change without advance notice. Changes are in effect as soon as they are posted on our website.