ProRider Advanced Skills Course
This is an 8 hour, challenging Course. It is a combination of our Precision & Control Course and the Defensive Riding Course. This is for the rider that wants it all! This course will allow riders to learn how to better handle their personal motorcycle on the road and at low speeds. This program will incorporate the techniques learned and mastered by police motorcycle officers, and will improve the riding abilities of even the most seasoned rider. At the end of the course, participants will receive a successful completion certificate, as well as a refined skill set and newfound confidence. Some of the exercises practiced in this course include: Slow Cone Weave, Lane Change, Off-Set Cone Weave, Single & Double 360, Iron Cross, Straight Line Braking, Brake & Evade, Rear End Crash Avoidance…. Plus More!
In Our Class, Riders Will…
- “Bond” with their personal motorcycles and familiarize with the bike’s full capabilities and limitations
- Learn and practice low-speed techniques that are perfect for those pesky parking lots and tight turnarounds (…and when you want to impress your friends, or passenger).
- Practice braking, evasive maneuvers, and hazard avoidance exercises that may save your ride and your hide from serious damage, injury or death.
This course is intended for experienced motorcycle riders, who have a firm grasp of the basic skills of operating a motorcycle, but desire to become a better, safer, and more confident rider. This is a challenging course, so riders must have physical stamina to withstand a full day on the range.
1:30PM – 5:30PM
1:30PM – 5:30PM
Motorcycle endorsement on license
Ownership of a motorcycle: cruiser, touring, sport, dual-purpose (must be street legal).
Motorcycle must have:
Valid insurance coverage
Intermediate rider skill level
Rider safety gear, to include:
DOT approved helmet
Above-the-ankle boots – high top sneakers are not acceptable
Gloves (open, or full-fingers)
Durable, long pants – no athletic pants of any kind
Register for ProRider Advanced Skills Courses at the Bellingham Location
|ProRider Advanced Skills Course Bellingham Saturday and Sunday June 10-11, 2023||Bellingham - Range||
Corner of Bellis Fair Parkway and Eliza Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226
Cascade Motorcycle Safety, Bellis Fair Mall, One Bellis Fair Parkway, Unit 370, Bellingham, WA 98226
Register for ProRider Advanced Skills Courses at the Anacortes Location
|ProRider Advanced Skills Course Anacortes Saturday and Sunday July 29-30, 2023||Skagit||
RANGE AND CLASSROOM LOCATION:
8612 South Marchs Point Rd., Anacortes, WA 98221
Cascade Anacortes Class
|8624 S March Point Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
Cascade Anacortes Range
|12599 Thompson Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
|Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
|1 Bellis Fair Pkwy, Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
To support the safety of all Students WMSP has established requirements for Student dress, all of which must be worn any time a Student is on a motorcycle. Students who fail to meet the following minimum protective gear requirements must not be allowed to participate in on-cycle training:
- Sturdy pants or riding gear that fully cover the legs. (Denim jeans are acceptable.)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket that fully covers the arms.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear offering adequate ankle protection. (i.e. canvas high-tops, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering are not acceptable).
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather-palmed, offering adequate protection.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles, safety glasses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses) must be worn at any time while upon a moving motorcycle.
- Properly fitted US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant helmet that is free of any structural damage.
- Our loaner helmets are not available at this time.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. To help ensure a successful and enjoyable learning experience, some riders may consider taking a private lesson before a Basic Rider Course or BRC2.
We do not offer a refund, or the option to reschedule if a student is dismissed for any of the following reasons.
Students may be dismissed from the course if they:
- Do not arrive to the course at the scheduled time.
- Arrive to a riding session with inappropriate riding apparel.
- Demonstrate they are unable to safely control and operate a motorcycle/rig.
- Do not meet exercise objectives.
- Repeatedly do not respond to coaching.
- Intentionally commit unsafe acts.
- Are demonstrating impairment by drugs/alcohol WMSP POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL: 3.0 – TRAINING 3.0 – TRAINING
- Are excessively fatigued and may present a safety risk.
- Are physically/emotionally impaired.
- Intimidate, sexually harass, or threaten Students or Instructors.
- Washington Motorcycle Safety Program will not engage, mediate, or suggest customer service solutions to customers. Contractors are solely responsible for managing their business. Customer service policies and options are all locally (Contractor) managed decisions.
Class Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Policies
Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to combine classes to meet our minimum number of students per class. Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to cancel or postpone a class without advance notice due to circumstances beyond our control. Reschedule requests must be made NO LESS than 7 days prior to the original class start date/hour.
If you wish to reschedule your class, please contact us via email (email@example.com). Failure to contact us more than 7 days in advance of your scheduled class will forfeit your tuition, and no refund will be issued. Tuition refunds are subject to a $29 handling fee. Refunds can only be issued for the originally purchased class date. In the case of a class cancellation, you will be rescheduled into the next available class, or you can apply any payments to another product or service we offer. No refunds will be made for cancelled classes. In the case of a postponed class after it has begun, the remaining class segments will be rescheduled to a later date. Extraordinary circumstances or government order may result in immediate changes to our policies. In such cases we will make individual determinations at our discretion.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. Motorcycling is an outdoor activity and you are responsible to ensure that you have appropriate riding gear to ensure your comfort and safety.
No refunds or rescheduling will be given to students who are unable to complete class due to not being prepared for the weather.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety policies are subject to change without advance notice. Changes are in effect as soon as they are posted on our website.