ProRider Defensive Riding Course
This is a 4 hour, advanced course that will better prepare riders to anticipate hazardous road situations and react to them quickly, safely, and effectively. This program will incorporate techniques learned and mastered by police motor officers, and will improve the riding abilities even the most seasoned operator. At the end the course, participants will receive a completion certificate as well as a refined skill set and new found confidence. Some of the exercises practiced in this course include: Straight line braking, braking in a curve, rear-end crash avoidance, 30 MPH weave, swerving, and more!
In Our Class, Riders Will…
- “Bond” with their personal motorcycles and familiarize with the bike’s full capabilities and limitations
- Learn and practice low-speed techniques that are perfect for those pesky parking lots and tight turnarounds (…and when you want to impress your friends, or passenger).
- Practice braking, evasive maneuvers, and hazard avoidance exercises that may save your ride and your hide from serious damage, injury or death.
This course is intended for experienced motorcycle riders, who have a firm grasp of the basic skills of operating a motorcycle, but desire to become a better, safer, and more confident rider. This is a challenging course, so riders must have physical stamina to withstand a challenging half day on the range.
1:30 – 5:30PM
- Motorcycle endorsement on license
- Ownership of a motorcycle: cruiser, touring, sport, dual-purpose (must be street legal).
- Motorcycle must have:
- • Valid registration
- • Valid insurance coverage
- Intermediate rider skill level
- Rider safety gear, to include:
- • DOT approved helmet
- • Eye protection
- • Above-the-ankle boots – high-top sneakers are not acceptable
- • Gloves (open, or full-fingers)
- • Durable, long pants – no athletic pants of any kind
Register for ProRider Defensive Riding Courses at the Bellingham Location
Register for ProRider Defensive Riding Courses at the Anacortes Location
RANGE AND CLASSROOM LOCATION:
8612 South Marchs Point Rd., Anacortes, WA 98221
Cascade Anacortes Class
|8624 S March Point Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
Cascade Anacortes Range
|12599 Thompson Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
|Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
|1 Bellis Fair Pkwy, Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
To support the safety of all Students WMSP has established requirements for Student dress, all of which must be worn any time a Student is on a motorcycle. Students who fail to meet the following minimum protective gear requirements must not be allowed to participate in on-cycle training:
- Sturdy pants or riding gear that fully cover the legs. (Denim jeans are acceptable.)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket that fully covers the arms.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear offering adequate ankle protection. (i.e. canvas high-tops, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering are not acceptable).
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather-palmed, offering adequate protection.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles, safety glasses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses) must be worn at any time while upon a moving motorcycle.
- Properly fitted US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant helmet that is free of any structural damage.
- Our loaner helmets are not available at this time.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. To help ensure a successful and enjoyable learning experience, some riders may consider taking a private lesson before a Basic Rider Course or BRC2.
We do not offer a refund, or the option to reschedule if a student is dismissed for any of the following reasons.
Students may be dismissed from the course if they:
- Do not arrive to the course at the scheduled time.
- Arrive to a riding session with inappropriate riding apparel.
- Demonstrate they are unable to safely control and operate a motorcycle/rig.
- Do not meet exercise objectives.
- Repeatedly do not respond to coaching.
- Intentionally commit unsafe acts.
- Are demonstrating impairment by drugs/alcohol WMSP POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL: 3.0 – TRAINING 3.0 – TRAINING
- Are excessively fatigued and may present a safety risk.
- Are physically/emotionally impaired.
- Intimidate, sexually harass, or threaten Students or Instructors.
- Washington Motorcycle Safety Program will not engage, mediate, or suggest customer service solutions to customers. Contractors are solely responsible for managing their business. Customer service policies and options are all locally (Contractor) managed decisions.
Class Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Policies
Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to combine classes to meet our minimum number of students per class. Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to cancel or postpone a class without advance notice due to circumstances beyond our control. Reschedule requests must be made NO LESS than 7 days prior to the original class start date/hour.
If you wish to reschedule your class, please contact us via email (email@example.com). Failure to contact us more than 7 days in advance of your scheduled class will forfeit your tuition, and no refund will be issued. Tuition refunds are subject to a $29 handling fee. Refunds can only be issued for the originally purchased class date. In the case of a class cancellation, you will be rescheduled into the next available class, or you can apply any payments to another product or service we offer. No refunds will be made for cancelled classes. In the case of a postponed class after it has begun, the remaining class segments will be rescheduled to a later date. Extraordinary circumstances or government order may result in immediate changes to our policies. In such cases we will make individual determinations at our discretion.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete a course or pass any tests. Motorcycling is an outdoor activity and you are responsible to ensure that you have appropriate riding gear to ensure your comfort and safety.
No refunds or rescheduling will be given to students who are unable to complete class due to not being prepared for the weather.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety policies are subject to change without advance notice. Changes are in effect as soon as they are posted on our website.