Knowledge and Skills Testing
Bellis Fair Mall
1 Bellis Fair Parkway
|Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
|1 Bellis Fair Pkwy, Bellingham, WA 98226, USA|
The Cascade Motorcycle Safety classroom for knowledge testing is located INSIDE of the Bellis Fair Mall a few doors down from the Target store.
The riding area for skills testing is located across the street from Target at the corner of Eliza Ave and Bellis Fair Parkway. If arriving by car, please park in the Target parking lot and walk up the hill.
Knowledge and Skills Testing
8612 South March Point Road
Cascade Anacortes Class
|8624 S March Point Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
Cascade Anacortes Range
|12599 Thompson Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA|
Cascade Motorcycle Safety is located near the intersection of WA Hwy 20 and Thompson Road. From Hwy 20, turn North onto Thompson Rd at Frontier Ford. Turn right on to South March Point Rd. We are on the right approximately 600 feet up the road. Please park in the designated student parking located on the right before entering the cul-de-sac.
The classroom for knowledge testing is in the cul-de-sac around to the left.
The riding area for skills testing is in the cul-de-sac on the right between the buildings past the gate.
2 and 3 Wheel Knowledge Test Information
See the WA Motorcycle Operator Manual to study for the knowledge tests.
The 2 Wheel Permit Knowledge Test has 50 multiple choice questions.
The 2 Wheel Endorsement Knowledge Test has 25 multiple choice questions.
The 3 Wheel Knowledge Test has 25 multiple choice questions.
This is an open testing session. Tests can be started anytime during the session. Plan for up to 1 hour to complete your test. To allow time for completion, a test may not be started less than 30 minutes before the end of the test session.
2 Wheel Skills Test Information
2 Wheel Motorcycle Permit Skills Test
- 2W Motorcycle Permit Skills Test consists of 5 Runs.
- Cone Weave and Normal Stop
- Turn from a Stop and U-turn
- Quick Stop
2 Wheel Motorcycle Endorsement Skills Test
- 2W Motorcycle Endorsement Skills Test consists of 2 Runs.
- A quick stop performed at approximately 20-25 mph.
- A timed figure eight element that will assess left and right cornering skills.
ID and Waiver Requirements:
• Photo ID – you will be required to show a valid photo ID; driver license, state ID, military ID, school ID
• Registration/Waiver/Ground Rules Forms – you will be required to fill and sign several forms at the beginning of a skills test.
• Under 18 – Any students under the age of 18 MUST either have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver at the beginning of a skills test OR bring a completed registration/waiver form with a notarized signature of a parent or legal guardian. Click here to download and print the forms.
Required Riding Gear:
• A properly fitted DOT approved helmet free of any structural damage. School helmets are available for use during the skills test.
• Eye protection (face shield, sunglasses, eyeglasses, goggles, etc.)
• Durable, long sleeve shirt or jacket with full arm coverage
• Sturdy long pants that fully cover the legs (jeans, riding pants, chaps, etc.)
• Sturdy over-the-ankle boots providing adequate foot and ankle protection. (riding boots, work boots, hiking boots preferred)
*Canvas high-tops, Romeos, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle coverings are not acceptable*
• Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather palmed, no rubber.
- At a minimum, the registered and currently license plated motorcycle must be checked to have:
Reasonable tire tread, with no embedded objects, that are not significantly under-inflated.
- No fuel, oil, or fluid leaks that will compromise the safety of the rider or others.
- Functional brakes.
Find the inspection form here.
Testing Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Policies
Motorcycle Tests are non-refundable. Reschedule requests must be made NO LESS than 48 hours prior to your Motorcycle Test. If you need to reschedule a Motorcycle Test, please contact us via email (email@example.com) Failure to contact us 48 hours before your Motorcycle Test will forfeit any funds paid. Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to cancel or postpone a Motorcycle Test due to circumstances beyond our control. In the case of a Motorcycle Test cancellation, you will be rescheduled into the next available Motorcycle Test.
Extraordinary circumstances or government order may result in immediate changes to our policies. In such cases we will make individual determinations at our discretion. While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely, we cannot guarantee that you will complete or pass any Motorcycle Tests. Motorcycling is an outdoor activity, and you are responsible to ensure that you have appropriate riding gear to ensure your comfort and safety. No refunds or rescheduling will be given to students who are unable to complete a Motorcycle Test due to not being prepared for the weather.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety policies are subject to change without advance notice. Changes are in effect as soon as they are posted on our website.